Automatic Chicken Coop Door Control Panel Assembly
Our Automatic Chicken Coop Door Control Panel Assembly contains the brains behind Coop Tender. This is the most complicated portion of any chicken coop door since it incorporates custom electronics and software engineering.
If you're handy building things from wood, then the Coop Tender Faceplate Electronics Assembly will give you a huge head start in completing your own automatic chicken coop door project.
This Control Panel Assembly is a direct replacement for our automatic chicken doors - all models (CT-001, CT-002, CT-003, CT-003A, CT-004, CT-004A, CT-005)
- Easily incorporates into your own DIY automatic chicken coop door
- DC 12 Volt powered
- Ultra-low power consumption - will run for up to 1 week from optional backup battery
- 1 year manufacturer's limited warranty
- LED alert status indicators for chicken door and battery charge level
- LCD provides constant status messages
- Keypad input for programming system settings
- Manual door override in case you need to open or close the coop door
Automatic Chicken Door Controller Specifications
|Power consumption (idle)
|Power consumption (power-save mode)
|Power consumption (chicken door opening or closing)
|Depends on door drive solution implemented - Max 1 Amp
|13 inches wide x 4 1/4 inches high x ~2 inches deep
|-40° F to 185° F
|12 Volts DC
- Pre-assembled Coop Tender automatic chicken door micro-controller circuit board
- Metal Faceplate
- LCD Display - System status messages
- Keypad -System programming
- LED status lights - At-a-Glance Coop Tender, Battery, Charge and Door status
- Temperature module - freeze protect and temperature based warnings
- Clock module - control schedule based automatic coop door operation
- Light sensor - control dawn-to-dusk based automatic coop door operation
- Motor or other drive mechanism to open and close the door
- Limit switches - hooked to 3 wires on the controller (common, door closed, door open)
- Door assembly - your own mechanical invention
- 12 Volt power supply
- Enclosure for the assembly
Note: Control Panel Assemblies are currently being manufactured with two 6-Pin connectors instead of a single 12-Pin connector.
The Double 6-Pin to 12-Pin Adapter is needed* if the controller for your door is wired for a 12-Pin connector. You can check by looking at the back of your existing control panel assembly. It will either have 2 6-pin connectors coming out of the main circuit board, or it will have a single 12-pin connector.
Your door controller is likely wired with a 12-pin connector if it was not manufactured in one of the following time periods (when two 6-pin connectors have been used).
- 5/8/2018 - 8/5/2018
- A short period around May 2020.
- Beginning August 2023 - Current.
12-pin connectors were installed during all other manufacturing periods going back to 2015.
*Instructions to convert existing 12-pin to double 6-pin connector wiring is available in the following document: http://cloud.cooptender.com/N2mWUeV3. The Double 6-Pin to 12-Pin Adapter is not needed if you follow the instructions to convert your existing wiring.
Please feel free to contact us for more information. We'll be glad to help.
Removal and Installation Instructions: http://cloud.cooptender.com/CsSxMgU