Coop Tender® Automatic Turkey Door is a fusion of time-honored wood craftsmanship and ultra-sophisticated micro-controller, computer software and Internet technology.
Automatically opens your coop door at dawn and securely closes it at dusk, or schedule door open and close times!
Programmable coop door controller: Program custom options, adjust settings and manually override your door.
Automatic Turkey Door is constructed with solid 1 inch dimensional lumber. Select grade pine lumber is treated with an environmentally safe, non-toxic treatment which lasts a lifetime and never needs to be re-applied!
At-A-Glance Status LED Lights make it easy to check the status of your coop door from hundreds of feet away in the dark. ;
Our Turkey Door has all of the same features as our Automatic Chicken Coop Doors with a larger opening (12 inches x 12 inches) to accommodate turkeys and larger chicken breads like Jersey Giants, Brahmas and Cochins
Key Turkey Door Features:
Included in your Coop Tender Turkey Door:
- Automatically Opens and Closes your Coop Door
Dawn to Dusk or Schedule door open and close times
Internet Enabled - Internet Wi-Fi module included.
100% predator proof! Have peace of mind knowing that your hens are safe at night. Door cannot be opened by raccoons, cougars, bobcats, mink, coyotes, opossums, skunks or any other nighttime predator
Freeze Protect - door stays closed when it's too cold outside - Programmable
Programmable dawn and dusk settings - alter coop door closure based on your poultry’s habits
Program Time Schedule automated operation as an option
Computer driven digital timer control eliminates frozen mechanical components in winter
Works in almost any chicken coop door opening - 15 inch wide x 30 1/2 inch high footprint
Operates in any position, vertical, horizontal and everything in between
No strings or cable – consistently and reliably opens and closes your coop door without tangles, kinks or binding.
- Coop Tender automatic coop door does not need to be installed level
Simple installation. Most installations only require a screwdriver
Easily override your coop door by entering the Coop Tender user menu and selecting open, close or stop door menu selections.
Fully assembled. Nothing to put together.
1 inch dimensional select grade lumber - no plywood
Internet Wi-Fi Module Key Features:
- Operate your coop door
Configure settings - use our Universal Web App to program your door instead of using the keypad menu on the door controller.
Download and view data logs
- Ambient light values
- Door open and closed times
- Battery charge
Real time coop door status
- Coop temperature
- Door status
- Door control setting (Dusk to Dawn, Schedule or Manual)
- Receive alerts via SMS and eMail
- Door opened and closed
- Temperature warnings
- Battery voltage warnings
Predator Motion Detect Key Features:
Actively deters predators and alerts you of their presence!
- Lights on module flash red | O | for 30 seconds - working to scare potential predators away
- Activates "Security Light": Integrates with the Coop Tender Accessory and Heat Control Module. Automatically switches the Security Light on for 1 minute - the bright light will further scare the predator away
- Sends SMS and eMail Predator Motion Alert - informing you that your hens might be in danger!
Solar Module Features:
- The solar panel consists of an array of panels providing 18 Volts, 10 Watts of charging power to the 12 Volt SLA battery. Coop Tender controls the battery charge so that it does not overcharge or charge too quickly.
- Solar panel comes un-mounted. It may be mounted to the mounting board of your coop door if it faces south, or install in a suitable south-facing location.
A high efficiency "blocking diode" is installed on each solar panel to ensure that the panel does not drain the battery during night-time hours
Automatic Turkey Door Specifications:
85 - 264 Volts AC (Electric Operation)
12 - 19 Volts DC (Solar Operation)
|DC Power consumption (idle)
||0.36 Watts (30mA) @ 12VDC
|DC Power consumption (power save mode)
||0.24 Watts (20mA) @ 12VDC
|DC Power consumption (chicken door opening or closing)
||1.2 - 1.4 Watts(100mA-120mA) @ 12VDC
|Automatic Turkey Door cutout dimensions
||30 1/2 inches high x 15 inches wide
|Automatic Turkey Door overall dimensions
||30 1/2 inches high x 19 inches wide x 5 5/16 inches deep
|Coop door opening dimensions
||12 inches high x 12 inches wide
- 1 inch dimensional solid lumber – no plywood
- Brushed aluminum metal faceplate
- Solid steel worm drive
|Backup battery (Optional)
||12 Volt, 5Ah
|Solar Panel (Optional)
||18 Volts 10 Watts
||solid steel worm / screw drive
|Door opening time
|Door closing time
||-40 to +185 ℉